- Restaurant delivery services (Saves transit time)
- Retail Food Delivery services (Saves shopping time)
- Food subscriptions (Saves time thinking of recipes & preparing ingredients)
- Personal Food Shopping Services (Decreases check-out time)
- Prepared Ready-to-Go Meals
While many time saving solutions happen outside brick and mortar, consider what we can evolve within store walls to speed the process or transition it to a more memorable and desirable experience. Guests do not want to sacrifice quality or flavor but need foods in convenient packaging, pack sizes, including completed meals or value-added ingredients. Historically the personal service of foods made-to-order or selected and packaged to your request by a friendly attendant from behind a glass display case (pastries, sandwiches, etc.) has now be replaced with a different mentality. Now food retailers who can provide me delicious, customized to my liking foods fastest rise to the top of my list.
As a result, operators will need to make and merchandise foods in new ways. Leadership will need to consider methods on how to make the shopping and purchasing process smoother and more guest centric. Retailers must consider changes to their business approach which may include:
- Reformating store layouts
- Rethinking product format & packaging (plated sandwiches vs. grab & go)
- New approaches to refrigeration & hot-hold equipment to allow guests to self-select
- Strong food signage & labeling
- Quick & painless checkout and payment methods
- Improving queuing methods to be more efficient, enjoyable or profitable
Is it time to prioritize giving your guests more great food with a side of "time"?