HOW TO GROW CONCESSION FOOD SALES
Opportunities in Sports & Recreation Food Merchandising
I actually saw this display at a multi-million dollar company that operates a branded Starbucks concessions concept outside a major recreational area. No effort on the employee or management level was made to correct this. Worse yet, no one saw it as a problem. I'm sure just looking at it closely you have lost your appetitie, but Let's face it, concession and foodservice environments have a host of food merchandising challenges that create hidden losses and missed sales opportunities that must be discovered and solved to maximize your profits. Concessionaires need strategic growth and profitability plans for retail, grab & go, and prepared entrées while improving guest satisfaction. Profitable food merchandising strategy must minimize product outages, improve display technique, train employees, and meet high-volume demands. Profit improvement must minimize shrink or product loss and decrease unnecessary food inventories.
HOW DO I MERCHANDISE CONCESSION FOODS AND BEVERAGES BETTER?
Opportunities: Proactively uncovering missed dollars caused by inefficient food merchandising at concessionaires, ballparks, and foodservice requires:
- Trained staff “leaders” with food merchandising skills to discover missed opportunities
- Comprehensive merchandising techniques & standard operating procedures
- Superior visual displays with continually well-stocked and manicured food offerings
- Re-engineered menu signage to psychologically drive guests to high-profit items
- Strategies driving greater impulse purchases to increase check averages