I received a press release this week from Carlson Airflo on banana merchandising. Although I don't have any exclusive connection to merchandising fixtures suppliers, I am open to sharing ideas I personally like and find helpful to retailers. Here's why I like this unit:
Bananas are the world’s best selling fruit. Americans consume an annual average of twenty-five pounds of bananas per person. Due to the increasing market demand, Carlson AirFlo has discovered that produce merchandisers are displaying bananas in multiple locations throughout their stores to increase sales and customer convenience. The New AirFlo Banana Display fulfills both a strategic location display, and focal point function for displaying bananas.
Banana Display Benefits:
• Increase sales by providing more access, appeal, and excitement.
• Reduce shrink simply by hanging the fruit from its crown, resembling growth in nature and reduces bruising.
• ROI – Quick return with increased sales, reduced shrink and inventory.
• Secondary displays may increase sales by 15% when located by the store entrance, checkout area, cereal aisle, bakery aisle or end cap for impulse sales or convenience.
• 5 vertical display arms hold approximately 40-50 hands total, provides ample separation by ripeness stages.
• Display used as primary display in smaller stores or as a secondary display for larger formats.
• Castors provide a convenient mobile display with locking mechanism.
• ABS tray provided for cross merchandising or for single bananas.
- Bananas are the world’s best selling fruit. Americans consume an annual average of twenty-five pounds of bananas per person. Reference: www.frutifruit.com
- Banana sales make up to 6% of produce department sales and as much as 1% of all store sales. According to Dole Merchandising YouTube video.
- Banana imports were up 4% in volume the first 5 months of 2013 compared with the same months in 2012. While imports for fresh pineapple (including frozen) rose 6% in volume during the first 5 months of 2013 compared to the same months in 2012. According to the Fruit and Tree Nuts Outlook by the USDA.
For more than 25 years, Carlson AirFlo has been the innovative leader in produce merchandising. We offer customized merchandising solutions that can instantly provide our customers with increased sales while reducing labor and shrink. We take pride in our quality products, made by dedicated employees here in the United States. Carlson AirFlo is an industry leader in creating merchandising solutions that maximize product appeal and boost bottom line profits. We offer a broad line of top-quality products including merchandising racks, energy efficient case shelving, mobile carts and acrylic bins, all designed to enhance merchandising profiles.
Carlson AirFlo® Merchandising Systems
7135 Northland Drive North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428